Safety valves are suitable for clean, particle-free, low-viscosity fluids. Where a safety relief device must be installed and where the safety valve is not suitable for installation, a bursting disc or safety valve should be installed in series with the rupture disc.
Containers must be fitted with safety valves in one of the following situations:
1. Independent pressure system (separate valve from other systems). The system refers to full gas phase, full liquid phase or gas phase connectivity;
2. Where there is no safety valve at the pressure source of the container;
3. Design containers and pipelines with pressure less than the pressure source;
4. Volumetric pump and compressor outlet piping;
5, due to the accumulation of non-condensable gas to produce overpressure containers;
6. If there is a shut-off valve or a control valve on the outlet pipe of the heating furnace, a safety valve shall be installed upstream of the valve;
7, due to process accidents, self-control accidents, electrical accidents, fire accidents and public works accidents caused by overpressure parts;
8, the liquid due to the closure of the two ends of the valve and the thermal expansion of the site;
9. Steam outlet pipe of gas turbine;
10. In some cases, due to the leakage of the pump outlet check valve, a safety valve is provided on the inlet piping of the pump.